In the spirit of the holiday, I’ve put together a list of 10 reasons I’m thankful for sex. I’m sure we can all agree there are many more than 10 reasons to be thankful for sexy time, but there is football to be watched, online sales to be shopped and pumpkin pie to be eaten. There just isn’t enough time in this day to say all my Thank You’s.
So, here goes.
My big, fat thank you to fornication!
1. Orgasms. ‘Nuff said.
2. Sex releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. They also make your hair shiny and skin smooth.
3. Sex makes babies. Babies are cute (as long as they’re not mine).
4. Sex is free (usually) and fun (usually).
5. Sex helps me connect with people. And not just the people I have sex with. Sex gives me dirty details to dish to my friends, the Internet, or even strangers on the subway.
6. Sex gives me something to write about every week. Which looks good on my resume. Which will help get me a job. Sex will get me a job!
7. Sex gives me something to daydream about during my long, boring biology lectures. (My professor may drone on, but he’s banging and I can only imagine what’s going on under those pleated khakis.)
8. Sex burns calories. Up to 300 an hour! So after today’s feast, it will only take about 25 hours of sex to burn it all off.
9. Sex helps me fall asleep at night, which is a much healthier habit than relying on sleeping pills. Plus it’s more fun. See #4.
10. Sex made me! I’d rather not think about the specifics, but some day a long time ago my parents had (gasp) sex and now here I am. And that is definitely something I can be thankful for.
Why are you thankful for sex?
Curated by Erbe