Falling in love is awesome! More so, if it is your first.
Here are 20 of the best things that happen when you’re first falling in love with someone:
1. The way your skin prickles up every moment they’re around you.
2. The way you never quite get used to them touching you, so that when they grab your hand, your heart lurches (in the best way).
3. The way you can just catch them looking at you out of the corner of their eye and your body goes limp.
4. The way you can’t stop looking at them, as if all you want to do is create a new sense that allows you to properly take them in, because your eyes don’t do them justice.
5. The way the world around you completely dissipates, like you two exist in complete clarity, and everything else is a blur.
6. The way you look back and wonder how you lived your life before them, and how there was a vacant space in the shape of them that happened to be open the moment you met them.
7. The way you fall asleep together in those first love-hazed months, all tangled into one being, feeling safe and loved in a way you couldn’t have even dreamt up.
8. The way their fingertips seem to hold the nerve endings to your skin.
9. The way they smell – no matter what time or day – and how you want to bottle them up.
10. The way they’ll leave an item of clothing behind and you’ll smell it throughout the day, momentarily forgetting that this is kind of creepy.